At Relate Coventry & Warwickshire , we are committed to keeping your personal information safe and being clear about how we collect your data, how we store it and what we do with it.
Relate Coventry & Warwickshire services governed by this policy does not include our face-to-face, telephone and webcam counselling services, and direct services with children, young people and their families, where separate confidentiality statements apply.
Relate Coventry & Warwickshire is registered under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 as a data controller with the number Z9464736. Full details of this listing can be seen on the Information Commissioner’s Office website. Our registered charity number is 1103470 and our company number is 04939758 (registered in England and Wales).
This privacy notice, along with our website terms and conditions and our cookies policy lets you know how we collect, use and keep your personal information safe.
If you have any queries about our Privacy Notice, please get in touch with our data team:
By email: to Relate Coventry & Warwickshire ’s Chief Executive firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: Data Protection Executive, Relate Coventry & Warwickshire , 1110A Elliott Court, Coventry Business Park, Herald Avenue, Coventry, CV5 6UB
What information do we collect about you?
Information you give to us directly
We will collect and store information that you give us when you do the following things on our website(s):
- Register for an event
- Register for a workshop, course or training
- Make an enquiry
- Buy products online (for example, our books or a personality profiler)
- Take a quiz
- Complete a survey
- Sign up to support a campaign
- Support our work through a donation
- Fundraise on our behalf
- Tell us your story (for example, as a media case study)
- Give us feedback or make a complaint
- Apply for a job or work with us
- Register as a volunteer
- Enter into a contract with us
- Are photographed or filmed (for example, at a Relate Coventry & Warwickshire event)
Information you give to us indirectly
- We store data about your visits to our website, for example, your location data or IP address when you use our Find Your Nearest search engine.
- We store information about how you navigate our website, although this cannot be used to personally identify you.
- We may also collect and store your personal information if you interact with us on our social media channels: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. This will depend on your own privacy settings on these individual channels, so make sure you check these first.
Depending on what you do on our website, we may collect and store the following types of personal information: name, email address, date of birth, mobile or telephone number, relationship status, gender, sexual orientation, financial details, credit/debit card information, details about your education and career.
Certain types of personal information are recognised by data protection law as being more ‘sensitive’. So things like sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin, religious or political opinion, data concerning your health (mental or physical) or your sex life fall into this category.
Relate Coventry & Warwickshire will only collect sensitive information like this where it informs the provision of the service to you. Whenever we do this, we will state clearly at the time, why this information is required. We may also gather sensitive personal information if you choose to share your experiences with us for a case study, but we will only do this with your explicit consent.
If you’re a young person aged 13 or under
You must get the permission of your parent/guardian before providing Relate Coventry & Warwickshire with any personal information.
How do we use your personal information?
We will use your personal information to do the following:
- Provide you with information, products or services you’ve requested or that we feel might be of interest to you.
- Process one-off or regular donations and to claim Gift Aid.
- Make our marketing campaigns more targeted and relevant to potential clients and donors; we will only send you marketing information if you have given us specific consent to do.
- Respond to direct requests where you contact us with a query – we will use your personal information to respond.
- Locate your (general position) using your IP address, so that if you use the ‘Find Your Nearest’ search engine, you are able to discover the Relate services nearest to you.
- Carry out general administrative tasks like dealing with complaints and feedback, essential record-keeping.
- Transact: we will use your personal information to take payments from you when processing orders and payments for goods and services.
- Keep you safe: in the event that we reasonably think you (or someone else) is at risk of serious harm or abuse.
- Conduct polls, surveys and market research: we may invite you to take part so that we can improve our website, services and/or strategic development.
- Monitoring and evaluation: we use your personal information to inform and develop our service delivery.
- Improve your experience of our website, so that we may offer you a more user-friendly navigation of our website.
- Process applications to work at Relate Coventry & Warwickshire : for example, if you fill in an application form or send us your CV or send us information speculatively in respect of possible contract opportunities.
- Supporter profiling and analysis: we will use your personal information to help us better target communications, so that you are more likely to receive communications relevant to your interests.
For how long will we keep your personal information?
At Relate Coventry & Warwickshire , we are committed to retaining your personal information for no longer than necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was first collected. This is in line with guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office. Relate Coventry & Warwickshire may hold some types of data for up to seven years.
For example, in the case of financial transactions like donations and purchases, we will keep your personal information for as long as legally required in respect of tax or accounting purposes, which could be anything up to six years after a transaction has taken place.
Do you share my information with anyone else?
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was obtained in the first place. We won’t share it with any third parties and you won’t receive any communications from other organisations.
However, there are two very explicit ways in which your data might be shared:
- In the event that we use third party suppliers to help deliver our services, fundraising activities and campaigns. For example, we may use MailChimp to send out newsletters via email.
- Where we are legally bound to disclose your personal information, for example, to further criminal investigation or to keep you safe if we believe you (or someone else) is at risk of serious harm or abuse.
Keeping your personal information safe
We have both digital and operational safeguards to make sure your data is secure at Relate Coventry & Warwickshire . Access to information is reviewed on a regular basis and limited to those people who actually need to access it and are assigned the permission to do so.
All Relate Coventry & Warwickshire online web forms are protected by secure end-to-end encryption. Where we pass highly sensitive data over the internet such as credit or debit card details, Relate Coventry & Warwickshire uses SSL/TLS to encrypt data between the client and our partners.
Relate Coventry & Warwickshire ’s system is PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant and uses PCI compliant providers to collect this data on our behalf; we don’t store this data on our own systems.
There are, however, inherent risks to passing information over public networks and Relate cannot 100% guarantee the security of data handled in this way.
Relate Coventry & Warwickshire ‘s web servers are located in England and Ireland.
Your rights and managing your own data
You have the right to request access to the personal information that Relate Coventry & Warwickshire stores and processes about you. You can ask for corrections to be made to the information we hold or for your personal information to be deleted. You can also ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or to object to the processing of it altogether.
We will not charge you for either considering or complying with a request unless it is deemed to be excessive in nature. We will ask you for proof of identity and upon this being successfully verified, you are entitled to obtain the following information about your personal information:
- The purposes of the collection, processing, use and storage of your personal data.
- The source(s) of the personal information, if it was not obtained from you.
- The categories of personal data stored about you.
- The recipients (or categories of recipients) to whom your personal data has been or may be transmitted, along with the location of those recipients.
- The envisaged period of storage for your personal data or the rationale for determining the storage period.
- The use of any automated decision-making and/or profiling
If you’d like to make a request relating to any of the rights above, please send a request by emailing Relate Coventry & Warwickshire ’s Chief Executive email@example.com Or if you prefer, you can make the request in writing to: Data Protection Executive, Relate Coventry & Warwickshire , 1110A Elliott Court, Coventry Business Park, Herald Avenue, Coventry, CV5 6UB
How to make a complaint
If you’re unhappy with our response, you may then raise your concern directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Alternatively you can visit the ICO website.
Relate Coventry & Warwickshire is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller under number Z9464736.
Our Privacy Notice may change from time to time, so please check this page occasionally to see if we have included any updates or changes, and that you are happy with them.
(Last updated: 9th March 2022)
Cookies are little text files downloaded by and stored on your device (phone, laptop, tablet, etc.) when you visit a website. Cookies are used to help the website owner (in this case, Relate) to provide you with a smooth experience while you browse.
- Make our website work
- Collect anonymous data to gain insight into how visitors use our website
- Help us show advertisements about our services to those people who might be interested in them
- Allow you to share content with social networks like Twitter and Facebook.