We take confidentiality very seriously and this is discussed with all clients during their first appointment.
We aim to provide a caring and effective service in a safe environment. We are particularly mindful of the need to provide a professional, confidential service and will always take note of any instructions you may have about how we are to contact you. We will not reveal confidential information about you to a third party unless someone’s personal safety is at risk.
We offer a confidential service for young people and respect their right to independently access support and assistance. The boundaries of confidentiality are explained to young people using our services and Relate has a Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy to ensure that whilst we support young people we also help to keep them safe. We work in accordance with Coventry Safeguarding Children’s Partnership.
Relate Coventry & Warwickshire has a team of well trained, professional counsellors and therapists who work within the ethical framework of practice, conduct and confidentiality of the following:
- British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
- The College of Sexual and Relationship Therapy (COSRT)
- Association of Family Therapy (AFT)
Your privacy is paramount to Relate Coventry & Warwickshire and we are committed to protecting your privacy online. We will treat any personal information by which you can be identified (i.e. name, address, email etc.) in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act of 1998.
We will not sell, trade or rent your information to other third parties.
We will not collect any personal information without your knowledge. This information will be collected for a known purpose that you understand and will not be used in future for any other reason other than the one it is being collected for in the first instance.
- ensure that our services are relevant and take into account different needs
- provide information about services that is clear, accurate and accessible to all
- treat all customers positively, regardless of sexual orientation, race, gender, disability, religion or age
- respond seriously to, and investigate complaints and feedback.